Monday, January 2, 2012

Displaying your instagrams.


If you haven't caught on, I'm obsessed with instagram.  This past Christmas my husband and I framed pictures (see above) we took at Indianapolis Motor Speedway for his parents.  The price of the gift, a mere 10 dollars for the frame from Ikea--he printed the pictures free at work. This has got me thinking about other way you can display your low tech, high impact photos.  Below are some of the most adorable ways I discovered and the resources you can use to aid adventure.

Resources to print:
1. PostalPix allows you print your pictures from your iPhone for 21 cents to 21 dollars.  The pictures will then be mailed to your house--get it, PostalPix? ha.  So you have NO need to even leave your couch.  Well I guess to get them out of the mailbox.

2. StickGram turns your images into magnets.  All you do is sign in using your instagram, upload your images and boom they're now on your fridge!  You get 9 magnets for 14.99 and the bonus is there is NO shipping cost.

3. Blurb is for those of you that like to make books of with your photos.  This one isn't really my cup of tea as I like my memories out for the world to see.  However, I think this would be nice to use to create wedding albums and such.  The prices range depending on amount, size, etc.

4. Printstagram is one of my favorites!  They have so many options from posters to adorable mini books.  Price points range on what project you want to create. Order online have them shipped to your house.

5. Postagram sends a postcard to your friends and family via your iPhone.  So can send love from your Hawaiian getaway!

6. Teeny tile creates adorable little tiles out of your instagrams for $3.99 a tile.  How great would it be to see an entire bathroom wall covered in these?  Too expensive?  That's what I thought too.

Last but not least...

7. Casetagram turns your pictures into an iPod case.  This would make for a cool present for a special someone.  Each case is $34.95 with free shipping.

Display your instagrams:
1. A grid.  Easy, to the point and well structured.  Sounds like a win-win...win!




2. Picture jars.  These have a lovely shabby chic feel to them.


3. Farmer's market basket from Anthro. I fell in love with this tiny basket after recently buying one for my new years resolution--that's for another post.



4. Artful framing.  I know this one shows polaroids instead of instagrams, but we can substitute and I no one will know the difference.


5. Hooks and wire.  You can pick up the wire and clips at Ikea.


6. Online.Tumblr is a great resource to display your images online and share them with the rest of the world! 

And after you are all done be sure to reward yourself with one of these!  Happy graming.


1 comment: