Who in their right mind thought math would ever be fun again? Well, it's currently all the rage, but not as we remember it from high school. Now-a-days it's hard to not spot those lovely basic shapes we all became familiar with in our geometry books, but now they are adorning our necks, walls and clothes! These shapes are like pod people and are starting to take over. Run for your lives! No don't do that better yet run to esty and join the cool kids.
I have to admit I am all about this current trend. I've never been one for girlie floral prints, and a couple year ago when getting married it was hard to find something that wasn't covered in it! So I say keep on keeping on you lovely geometric shapes... Below are some of my most favorite objects and designs of geometric love.
1. Wrapping Paper: This comes to us from one of the most exciting websites since Design*Sponge, Plenty of Colour. This website is all things color and most things geometric, both of which warm my soul.
2. Poster Design: This one is also from Plenty of Colour, I know I know I'm not being diverse in my choices, but hang with me and we'll get there!
3. Chevron Christmas ornament: While searching for the best felt Christmas ornament to make this year, I ran across this gem. You can pick it up one etsy for twelve bucks, or try and make your own. Note I made one the other night, it's not the quickest process. However, since I need to make about fifteen, I'm too poor to shell out the twelve bucks a pop. Either way, this ornament on any tree would be a win!
4. Triangle necklace: Now this is one etsy object I can't make. But I am absolutely in love with! It's priced at 18 GBP at the current exchange rate (watch right when I post this the rate will have changed) 1 GBP = 1.5 USD. So this necklace would cost you around 27 dollars without shipping. Well worth it if you ask me.
5. Wallpaper: While trying to find something to paint on one of my walls in my office I ran across this and thought it would be perfect! Now if only I could make more hours in the day, or clone myself like a mogwai I'd be all set. Then again I don't know if gremlins could paint such straight triangles.
Or if you have money--unlike myself, you can purchase the wallpaper version from Minakani a studio on Paris.
Last but not least and probably my most favorite...
6. Wooden geometric vase: This one takes the cake. It's on my Christmas wish list. 30 dollars well spent--hint, hint!
So there it is, six ways to be part of the "in" crowd.
...It's hip to be square!